An IAMCP Phoenix Rises
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
The IAMCP Congratulates Louisiana, USA, on its chapter revival
Do you remember the final week of August 2005? The people of Louisiana sure do.
As hurricane Katrina made landfall on August 29, 2005, it caused catastrophic damage and took with it over 1,200 precious lives, along with homes, businesses, and means of survival.
Sadly, due to business collapses, the loss of the major technology council in the state of Louisiana, and the downturn in the industry, the IAMCP Louisiana chapter folded.
But time moves on. Communities plant new seeds and revive themselves.
And so, with the launch of a new year, we celebrate the re-launch of IAMCP Louisiana chapter.
The chapter was officially live in July, 2019 and just celebrated its first chapter meeting on January 9, 2020. Congratulations to Jason Bergeron, Carlo McDonald and Laura Thomas on bringing the State of Louisiana back to its IAMCP family!
And the team has been busy formulating solid goals for the forthcoming year, with plans to:
- Foster Partner-to-Partner growth in a safe and secure process with members locally, regionally, and globally.
- Establish more community involvement with Louisiana IT companies to help promote economic development.
- Promote technology from Louisiana by working with our government at both state and federal levels.
- Improve Microsoft involvement among our members.
- Create up to 4 major events that inspire, educate, and energize our members and their employees.
IAMCP Louisiana, you’ve come so far – here we grow again!